The Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund












Jane Lambert

One of the principal speakers at the Manchester Venturefest was Mr Keith Morgan of the British Business Bank which I had mentioned in an article in my Inventors' Club blog on 15 March 2014. The Bank has announced a scheme to distribute  £400 million from the UK Government, European Regional Development Fund, British Business Bank and European Investment Bank to businesses in the area marked light blue on the map above in the form of debt and equity funding.

The scheme, known as the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund,  distributes debt, equity and micro finance through local fund managers such as Maven, the Business Enterprise Fund and Finance for Enterprise in different parts of the region. The Bank has also published a useful booklet entitled Spotlight - The Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund which contains more information on the scheme.

Anyone seeking any kind of funding under the NPIF or any other scheme will be expected to have planned, protected and leveraged its investment in branding, design, technology and creative output and that's where I come in. If you don't already have an IP strategy give me a call on 020 7404 5252 during office hours or send me a message through my contact form.

I can help you identify your intellectual assets and suggest the best ways of protecting them having regard to your business objectives and available resources. If you already have a patent or trade mark attorney, solicitor or other professional advisers I can work with them. If not, I can put you in touch with some of my contacts and help you choose and instruct the ones you like best. I can incidentally also put you in touch with many other professionals such as product design consultants and IP insurers and introduce you to your nearest Business and IP Centre or Patent Information Unit where you can get more advice and assistance either free of charge or at a very modest cost.

Comments