Manchester Venturefest

Author Alan Stanton
Licence Creative Common Attribution Share Alike 2.0 Generic













Jane Lambert

Tomorrow Venturefest Manchester takes place at the Bridgewater Hall.

Venturefest is an opportunity for those with bright ideas for making money to meet the business owners, investors and professional advisors who can turn their ideas into reality.

The event consists of talks in plenary and breakout sessions, an exhibition and an innovation showcase competition which is open to small and medium enterprises in Greater Manchester and other parts of North West England.

The very first Venturefest took place in Oxford in 1999 and was followed by Venturefest Yorkshire in 2003  (see About Us on the Venturefest Network).  As an intellectual property strategist and lawyer, I have been coming to Venturefest Yorkshire since 2005 and I visited Venturefest Oxford at the Said Business School in 2011 (see Venturefest - the Original 7 June 2011 NIPC Inventors Club).

Venturefest Manchester is on a smaller scale than the Oxford one that lasts two days or even the Yorkshire one which includes a breakfast session and formal dinner.  Nevertheless, Venturefest Manchester has a good line up of speakers, exhibitors and events.

I shall be there for most of the day. I hope to visit all the exhibitors and attend as many sessions as possible.  If any of my readers would like to meet up for a chat over tea or coffee give me a ring on +44 (0)20 7404 5252. I shall be glad to do so.

By coincidence, I was at Bridgewater Hall last Sunday for its Open Doors Weekend to celebrate its 21st anniversary. Visitors were treated to two days of concerts (many of which were free), piano lessons, talks, films and other events.  I described the concerts and other events that I attended in my performing arts blog in The Bridgewater Hall's Birthday Party 12 Sep 2017 Terpsichore. The concert hall is an institution of which everyone in the North is rightly proud.

Comments