An Introduction to Intellectual Property for Commercial Lawyers




Jane Lambert

These are the slides of a presentation that I gave to Manchester Trainee Solicitors Group at the Manchester Study Centre of BPP University on 29 April 2015. As I had been told that all the members of the audience would be law graduates but few (if any) would have any training or experience of intellectual property law I discussed the following topics:
  • Intellectual property and intellectual assets
  • International legal framework for IP
  • Institutions
  • Types of IP
  • Choosing the right kind of IP
  • Practical tips
  • Enforcement
  • Contracts relating to IP.
I circulated a handout to delegates which can be downloaded here.

Anyone who wishes to discuss this presentation or my article should call me on 020 7404 5252 during office hours or use my contact form.

Comments